The Uganda Police Force in partnership with Safe Way Right Way [SWRW] a Non-Governmental Organization devoted to improving road traffic safety in Uganda carried out a five month speed enforcement campaign along Kampala-Malaba Road between February and June 2014.
SWRW donated video evidence radar guns to Uganda Police 9 have been handed over in first segment with 3 more to be procured for following corridor segments.
SWRW with support from Kustoms Signals Ltd conducted a 5 day training of 30 traffic Police officers on use of the speed guns . Sensitisation was at targeted high speed spots on the corridor.
• 60 traffic Police officers have been trained to date.
• 6000 Drivers and passengers sensitised in partnership with Uganda Police Force.
• The speed enforcement campaign had a significant impact on reduction of the proportion of over speeding vehicles (average 8%) in general on almost all the sections evaluated.
• Results show that with efficient speed guns and organized enforcement campaign, it is possible to reduce the proportion of over speeding vehicles significantly.
• The evaluation showed that the Police assistant similarly has significant impact on speed reduction (average 54%) both by proportion and overall average speed.
• 24% reduction in speeds at identified high speed spots along the highway.
THE ROAD SAFETY LEGISLATIVE ACTION PLAN LAUNCH AT PARLIAMENT
On Friday 18th May 2018, The Parliamentary Forum for Road Safety with support from the World Bank’s Global Road ... READ MORE
SWRW-UG RECEIVES PRINCE MICHAEL INTERNATIONAL ROAD SAFETY AWARD
On 12 December 2017 at an Annual award ceremony in London, UK, Safe Way Right Way was honoured to receive a “Prince Michael International Road Safety Award”... READ MORE